Blog Post 3

 I liked the POV done by Aaliyah because she was able to use her movement and camera angles pointed towards what she would have seen visually but through camera instead. The POV shot looked realistic just like as if I were to be walking down the stairs, in different informative articles they all share a common ground on what the shot is supposed to convey which is to let the viewer see through the eyes of a character in any films or movies. And this was portrayed excellently through the shot taken by Aaliyah. She certainly filmed in a similar surrounding as me but she chose to walk down the stairs instead of  interacting with a student which I believe makes the POV shot stand out more.


Another shot that captured that captured my attention was the extreme close up shot done by Nicole, she used her camera and focused extremely well with the upper part of the character's face, capturing the little eye movements made during the video which can very well depict the emotional state of  the person being filmed. The way she filmed helps me focus on what the eye movements very well, by doing that she reached the goal of an extreme close up shot which is to allow the viewer to get into a character's personal and emotional traits that would often be unnoticed if not focused upon. Nicole chose to focus on the eye just like what I did but hers was at more of a distance compared to mine, I wanted the viewer to focus solely on the character's eye movements but she was able to capture a wider perspective than me.

Comments

Popular Posts